Nestled in the heart of Ashfield is Australia’s friendliest club and most welcoming place to work. Why not come and work for us, create memorable experiences and make friends for life.
A surprising oasis greets our employees and guests alike in our new award winning Garden Restaurant. The Club has undergone significant upgrades so we’re looking for passionate team members to share this special place and deliver great customer service.
We aim to be famous for our guest service and we see it as an essential element of any visit to Wests Ashfield, whether that’s in our Gaming areas or our Garden Restaurant. A large majority of our business is made up of members so we like to create a sense of family.
Positions are guest focussed so you will be expected to maintain a pleasant, professional manner and be well groomed in appearance. You should be able to provide a high level of customer experience in a bustling environment to both internal and external stakeholders.
Wests Ashfield regularly offers employment in a wide variety of frontline hospitality and customer service positions. We pride ourselves on our promote from within policy so there is a heavy emphasis on training, education and development. We demonstrate a philosophy of cross training so employees will need to be flexible to working in different areas of our business. While previous Club experience is desirable it is not essential for many positions.
Currently we are recruiting for a variety of casual positions:
Waiters, waitresses & function staff – Looking for exceptional & talented service superstars who have great personality and can deliver memorable guest experiences.
Gaming Floor General Duties encompassing cleaning of the gaming floor – Applicants must be available for week days overnight shift work.
Overnight Gaming Floor – Must be willing and able to work overnight shifts both as a Gaming Floor Attendant as well as General Duties which includes cleaning.
Culinary staff for local; Day Care Complex – Monday through Friday day time hours on offer. Role is based in local Ashfield area and feeds 230 small children per day.
Positions are offered on a casual basis.
The positions vacant change so be sure to check back regularly
Essential Criteria for all positions:
- An exceptional customer service ethos which includes a friendly, can-do attitude and professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment which requires you to think on your feet and multi task
- RSA, RCG or Food Safety certificates (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- Flexibility and availability to work the hours of operation which may include weekends, public holidays, evenings and overnight shifts
- Reliable transport
- Legal Right to Work in Australia
Some of the many benefits of working at Wests Ashfield:
- Free parking
- Uniform provided
- Meal discounts
- Complimentary employee gym
- Paid training
- Rosters 2-3 weeks in advance
- Staff room which includes internet, TV, kitchen and lockers
- Generous reward & recognition programs which include the opportunity to win free overseas travel
If this all sounds exciting we want to hear from you. Please apply below.