About

Our History

Established in October 1955 to support the Western Suburbs Leagues Football Club, Wests Ashfield Leagues Club has steadily grown from its very small beginnings to become one of Sydney’s premier Clubs.

Ideally located, we are committed to providing high standards of service delivery, ongoing commitment to supporting local community and providing the best general entertainment and hospitality services for our diverse membership.

Commencing operations in a small building (pictured) located on what is now one of our carparks, we grew and underwent our first major redevelopment in the early 60’s and in October 2002 operations moved into the current building.

The construction of the present building was a major undertaking and investment representing another major milestone in our history and growth. Our present building now provides a large variety of entertainment facilities as well as state of the art function rooms and succulent dining options in a thoroughly modern environment.

Our membership has grown steadily over the years and is now recognised as one of the most culturally diverse of any Club. With a proud tradition of providing quality service we have a strong commitment to improving and expanding business operations and extending the range and quality of services we offer.